Today was a rough day for me. I have only been getting about 4 hours of sleep for the past 5 nights so I think every little problem seemed exaggerated. Jada in a sense seems to have taken a step backwards. She was very fussy today and barely would let me out of her sight. Poor girl has been itching nonstop every square inch of her body from her scabies. We treated her the very first night and you are supposed to wait a full week to re-apply the cream if indeed she is still itching. The minute I feel like I'm starting to get to know her, she almost switches personalities. Even with simple things like food she will like something one day and then refuse it the next. She doesn't eat much or drink much of anything. Her nanny told me she takes 3 bottles a day but she won't have anything to do with it ( tried Chinese milk and formula ). She had been loving Jalyn especially and now today she wouldn't go to her at all. The boys want to also feed her treats and play with her or even simply hold her hand but she pushes them away. Many of the ways she is acting out would never fly with my other kids but I know there is so much more going on than just discipline issues. I am praying for wisdom in how to love her and to help her through her grieving of another loss in her life. Today after Jake tried to give her yet another treat (which was pushed away), he said "mom, she's never going to like us, right?" It is so tough to see him hurt after he has been so excited to be a big brother for so long. Tomorrow I will get to visit the orphanage which is a 2-3 hour drive each way (they brought Jada to us, we never saw the orphanage yet). I am going alone. I know it would be cruel to take Jada back there, so Luke is staying behind with the kids. I will also visit the spot where Jada was abandoned. Above is a video of Jada in one if her happier moments from yesterday. I like how she actually smiles when Jalyn asks her to (not knowing English).....
Hang in there...it will get better. Our Lily would cry every time I tried to hold her or help her with something. She would only go to my husband Matt the whole time we were in China. It is hard, just keep on loving on her. Praying you get some sleep and you have a good day at the orphanage. P.S. say hi to Jacob for me:-) Michele Boverhof
Praying for you guys, Kelly! God is in the midst of this and He will be your strength. Praying for the details to work out smoothly. Maria Vander Kodde
Thinking of you guys so often Kelly! Lifting each of you up in prayer...thankful that God sees and knows...trusting that He will give each of you just what you need today! Praying He will give you all a special encouragement and restful sleep!
Hang in there...it will get better. Our Lily would cry every time I tried to hold her or help her with something. She would only go to my husband Matt the whole time we were in China. It is hard, just keep on loving on her. Praying you get some sleep and you have a good day at the orphanage.
ReplyDeleteP.S. say hi to Jacob for me:-)
Michele Boverhof
Praying for you guys, Kelly! God is in the midst of this and He will be your strength. Praying for the details to work out smoothly.
ReplyDeleteMaria Vander Kodde
Thinking of you guys so often Kelly! Lifting each of you up in prayer...thankful that God sees and knows...trusting that He will give each of you just what you need today! Praying He will give you all a special encouragement and restful sleep!
ReplyDelete