Thursday, December 19, 2013

3:30 AM

It is 3:30 AM.  3:30 AM and I have gotten a lot friendlier over the last 3 weeks.  We've had our arguments, tears, and laughs.  Sometimes you just have to laugh.  I've slowly given up my frustration with 3:30 AM.  For whatever reason, 3:30 AM is what the clock says each morning when I hear Jada crying in her crib awake for the day, when Jacob comes into my room with a bloody nose (seriously, at 3:30 several times!), when my kids have the TV blaring because they can't sleep either, or when I just randomly wake up myself from being disturbed so many times at 3:30 AM, or because my body is saying, it's 2:30 PM in China and that was a long enough nap for the day!  Now, 3:30 wake up isn't so bad if you just go back to bed, but the problem is I can rarely fall back asleep. I had found myself initially so angry with 3:30 AM.  MY TIME is important, MY SLEEP is important,  I NEED rest so I can be a decent Mom/wife the next day.  And I started to hear HIM whisper to me.  "Kelly, I will provide all your needs.  Look at the birds, and the flowers.  Who takes care of them?  They do not toil and worry.  I take care of them.  How much more important are you?  Don't worry about your day tomorrow.  I will give you what you need if you ask me." 

I know this song has so much more meaning for people who have gone through such bigger trials than sleep deprivation.  But I love it nonetheless and it is so true about how God speaks to us and grows us in our trails whether big or small.  It gives me perspective, too, on how I pray "Your will be done" in my day/life.  I remember the phrase (from Bible Study Fellowship) of praying "Kingdom prayers", not "Comfort prayers". 

Here it is: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ

Lastly, Jada has been walking so much better, and yesterday she just seemed so much more "at home."  Here is a video of one of her first longer attempts at walking and if you watch to the end you will see how proud she is of herself! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment