Sunday, January 5, 2014

Adoption video


We have been home almost a month now!!  Life is slowly but surely returning to normal.....of course, this is a new normal having a 1 year old around! :)  Everyone is sleeping regularly, and I am officially off sleeping pills, thank goodness.  This past week has been the best week we have had so far.  Jada is making progress with attachment, and last Sunday was our last really bad episode with inconsolable crying and screaming with Luke holding her.  We know there will be many ups and downs from here on out, but a full week stretch of her being more than willing to go to Luke has been an answer to prayer.  

In re-reading a lot of my blog, I have realized some days have been kindof "downers" in a way.  I guess I was trying to be as real as possible about our adoption.  In spite of all the hardships, though, we have been truly blessed.  God has taught us about our relationship to Him in a new light, and Luke and I have been humbled in many ways.  We have seen the support of the church and family from meals, to gifts, to kind notes, to words of encouragement, and much more.  We have brought home our precious daughter and we know that even through the brokenness of her situation, God was at work to bring our specific family to her.  I hope this video I put together shows the joy that we have experienced.....




1 comment:

  1. LOVED the video! Thank you for sharing your heart and for being real about the ups and downs of adoption! We love you guys and will continue praying for this time of adjustment! Love and Hugs, The Fishers

    ReplyDelete