Saturday, November 30, 2013
It's 2 am and I have been awake since 11 pm. We arrived in Beijing 3:40 Saturday afternoon local time. The kids did quite well on the plane, they just didn't sleep much. We all crashed in our room around 7:30 pm after our 14 hour flight from Chicago. I feel bad because I was impatient with everyone last night. It is crazy how missing one night of sleep almost strips you of any filters. I I think it began for me at the airport where you need to push, trip, and shove people in order to get anywhere. Waiting "in a line" is just torture. Since we weren't going to be "those people", we had quite the wait simply for an elevator. Anyhow, I really am ok, just exhausted and I know tomorrow is a big day. We go to the Great Wall which is about a 2 hour trip from here. We leave for jadas province around 6 pm via express train. We still don't know if we will get her tomorrow night or Monday morning. I received an email from a girl who I had been in contact with via an adoption website. We had connected because we realized our kids were in the same orphanage/city. Anyways, she just emailed me and said that they had seen jada when they picked up their son .....they were crib neighbors!!!! She said they enjoyed "talking" to one another and that jada had sweet eyes. She warned me that her son was covered in scabies (chinese referred to them as "mosquito bites". ). So she wanted me to be prepared. Thankfully I received her email the night before we left and got some medication to bring for her. So, tomorrow may be the big day!!! I feel almost like I need more time to adjust to the culture, food , sleep hours, etc. but we won't have time for that. Well, I should try to get more rest. Our room is cranking out 90 degree temps despite it being set at the coolest setting. I had pictured myself chilly here, not sweating bullets! Next time I write we should have jada in our arms!!!! Goodnight!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, I can just imagine your excitement! When they place precious Jada in your arms, it's just like in the hospital when they place your baby in your arms - she's YOURS! And about that heat! The hottest I have ever been was when we took our girls to Korea to visit their birth country! In our room, we had a choice of air or lights - couldn't do both at the same time. Anyway, enjoy absolutely every minute and be sure to capture every minute on film too!!
ReplyDelete