I really can't believe I have started a blog. I'm not much of a writer, but I've had so many people ask if I'd be keeping one while in China. So, here I am writing a blog! Hopefully I'll be able to have internet access while we are in China so I will be able to post pictures, etc.
We are 2 days away from leaving for China to adopt our 21 month old daughter, Jada Liu. We chose "Jada" in keeping with the "J's" of all our kids names. Liu was part of her original name that we kept. Jada means gift. Liu means 6. We didn't look up meanings originally, we just liked the name. However, "gift" and "six" seem to go quite well since she is definitely a gift from God, and she is the sixth VanKlompenberg!
Jada has been in foster care for the last year, and before that she was in the orphanage. Jada has a limb difference. She was born missing her left forearm. She currently lives with two foster brothers ages 7 and 14 along with her foster mom.
Our 3 children are coming also to China, and we are excited to share this experience as a family. We are hoping Jada's transition into our family will be easier having the kids along. We are so excited to get to hold her in just a few short days!! I really can't believe this is all finally happening. I'm sure it will sink in once we are on the plane ride (14 hours of joy!!) Here is our Jada:
We sent her a care package along with a cake (I guess you are more likely to get updated pictures when you send a cake). This HUGE cake makes me laugh!!! See you soon little love.


Oh, Kelly, I am SO excited for you!! What a wonderful Thanksgiving! What agency are you going through? Oh, how I wish I could go along!! I will be thinking of you every day and checking your blog:-) I'll also be praying for precious Jada as she leaves all that she has known and joins her new Forever Family - what a blessed little girl she is!
ReplyDelete